Friday, December 23, 2011

About » All Things Caregiver

About » All Things Caregiver: About

I am a young woman who transitioned into adulthood while caring for, and emotionally supporting, my mother through her six-and-a-half year battle with breast cancer. I was eighteen years old when she was diagnosed and two months shy of my twenty-fifth birthday when she passed. My mother was diagnosed at age forty-four, and fought long enough to see her fiftieth birthday.

I am not a doctor, nor am I a nurse. I am not a lawyer, pharmacist, hospice care individual, psychiatrist or family therapist. I am simply an individual who has lived the life of a full time caregiver and I intend on sharing some of my personal experiences in hopes of providing help to others caregivers in a similar situations. Caregiving is a universal practice, meaning this blog will help anyone at any stage of the caregiving process.